The Defiance™ Senior Development Director is responsible for the schedules and the progress of multiple projects within the development organization and ensures project objectives are clearly articulated and attainable. The position has a keen focus on triangulating the needs of a high profile, multiplatform AAA game launch and also manages the interaction with counterparts such as Syfy and partners including Microsoft and Sony.
• Work with the Executive Producer to derive requirements and a compelling vision, ensuring that work is being completed to quality
• Collaborate with executive management, finance, and marketing in the creation of studio budgets, staffing plans, and project schedules
• Lead the overall development effort, delivering the game defined by the Executive Producer within schedule and budget requirements, directing senior leads and department managers in the creation of project plans and the management of resources
• Provide accurate estimates and ensure the timely delivery of final-quality game features
• Communicate areas of risk and develop mitigation strategies
• Prioritize development tasks, proactively anticipating and adjusting for problems and roadblocks
• Foster a positive, collaborative work environment that promotes creativity and professional growth
• Motivate and mentor the studio’s management team to ensure production goals are achieved
• Lead production and enforce development practices that optimize team performance and promote the product vision
• Act as a change agent for process improvements and support the development initiatives necessary to create a high quality, competitive product
• Directly manage a multi-disciplinary staff of artists, designers, and engineers, defining team structure and building a strong and effective team
• Own project staffing and hiring; recruit, challenge, and develop talent
• Evaluate the team’s strengths and weaknesses and drive change
• Coach employees and mentor development staff
• Work with internal and external partners, establish alliances and aid in strategic planning
• Manage integration of game with Trion platform technologies, working in close collaboration with the company’s operations and game services divisions
• Coordinate with external development partners, contractors, and outsourcing providers
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills with designers, engineers, artists, producers, and executive management; ability to clearly present your ideas to a diverse audience
• 7+ years of leadership experience (line management); 5+ years of software development experience; 5 years of project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results within schedule constraints and proven project management skills
• Ability to think outside the box in a challenging and ambiguous environment, being resourceful and creating constructive and innovative solutions
• Strong negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
• Strong ability to set objectives, prioritize, and organize task and people assignments
• A passion for games and a commitment to quality
• MMO/online development experience and MMORPG playing experience a plus
Trion Worlds is the premier publisher and developer of connected video games. With groundbreaking new server platform capabilities, Trion delivers high-quality, fully dynamic and massively social content across video game genres, gaming platforms, and mass-market entertainment formats.
Headquartered in Redwood Shores, Calif., with development and technology studios in San Diego, Calif., and Austin, Texas, Trion is redefining interactive entertainment in the connected era.
DEFIANCE™ is the first multi-platform shooter MMO, that in a ground-breaking entertainment experience, interconnects with a global television program on Syfy. The game combines the intense action of a console third-person shooter, with the persistence, scale, and custo...
12225 El Camino Real Suite 150
San Diego, California 92130