As a cloud specialist you will help managing and extending our Amazon EC2 based infrastructure.
* managing of large NoSQL clusters
* automated deployment of rails applications
* defining and implementing alerts on Nagios
* helping to identify and fix bottlenecks in the cloud setup
* implement and rollout management tools for cloud based services
* develop test scenarios for stress testing services
* develop infrastructure to dynamically scale services
* performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting and capacity planning
* perform monitoring and maintenance of overall environment.
* update process documentation and team websites.
* ensure documentation of entire environment is current.
* review entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, defects and improving overall performance.
* participate in a 24×7 on-call duty rotation.
* communicate with peers and managers regarding administration issues.
* work with experienced Systems Administrators on maintenance of environment.
* provide instructions and guidance on best practices to junior members of the team.
* use scripting languages to automate tasks and gather data.
* Ensure high availability of our infra structure
* Create a state of the art, scalable platform
* familar with EC2 tools and services
* at least 2 years of experience managing linux servers (preferrably gentoo)
* comfortable with managing 60+ servers
* ability to work well in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
* experience or willing to learn in the area of deployment automation
* experience in cloud based setups and tools, preferably Amazon EC2
* good oral and written communication skills in English; including documentation
* ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
* demonstrated ability to perform well in a dynamic environment, with on-time delivery.
* ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures and standards relating to Systems management. May recommend process improvements.
* ability to work a 24×7 on-call rotation schedule.
* keen enthusiasm in keeping updated with the current trends and best practices in cloud computing/NoSQL data stores
* knowledge of HBase/Hadoop/Membase is a plus
We offer an enthusiastic team, flexible working hours, and the innovative atmosphere of a young startup. Did we mention fun? Please send us your resume if you’re interested in learning more.